Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Winter Blues






Man am I behind.......................

It has been a long winter over here at the Starck home. We have had a few major snow storms, freezing cold temperatures, and two tornadoes. I am so ready for Spring that I can taste it. Grace went sledding this winter for the first time ever. To say that she enjoyed sledding would be an understatement. I took her myself one afternoon and she was silent on the way down the hill and then after she realized we stopped she just laid back in that sled and belly laughed. I thought to myself this is what being a parent is all about, spending time with your children and really enjoying it, because in that second my heart was so full it could have fell to the ground. Then after a few more trips down the hill I thought to myself "what am I thinking I am seven months pregnant and one wrong bump I could break my water" LOL and that was then end of sledding that day. The next sledding trips for Grace were courtesy of my little brothers. All I had to do was bundle her up real good and they did all the hard work- walking up and down the hills to send her in a state of enjoyment.

We did several indoor activities this Winter. We played over at my friend Angie's house quite frequently. Grace is in love with Luke and Jacob and could stay over there all day if we could. We went to the indoor mall playgrounds a few times, Chuck E Cheeses, and Magic House. All in all, my little girl is one cool chick. She sure knows how to take it easy on you because she tolerated being cooped up in the home better than any child I could imagine. She was making me proud turning into such a little home body the last couple of weeks.

Now, I am going to try to make the best of the next few weeks. I plan on taking Grace to the Zoo, Magic House, and Botanical Gardens at least once each place and to the park next door several times. I want to savior each and every second of the next few weeks spending time with just her because after Caleb gets here things will be different. I love that I waited these few years in between to have children so I was able to do such special things with Grace.

No comments: